Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A Wise Son Gathers in Summer



Proverbs 10:5- He that gathereth in summer is a wise son: but he that sleepeth in harvest is a son that causeth shame
In order for something to be harvested there has to fist be something planted.
I get the picture of a field that is ready for harvest. I read of two sons one wise the other lazy. One willing the other unwilling; one shows up the other doesn't. I think the picture here is much deep, I'm sure our Lord is not teaching a lesson on being good farmers; or is He?
The teaching here goes much deeper. Could the field here be a local Church? Could the wise son be the one who shows up for what is offered? Could the field be quiet time with The Lord on a daily basic? Could it be that the wise son shows up and allows The Lord to speak to him or her?
I can easily see how the picture broadens as I step out of the box and look at what's being taught. How can I harvest what The Lord has for me if I fail to be where I'm suppose to be; Church. How can I learn what The Lord has to teach me from His Word if I fail to open it? How can I hear what The Lord has to tell me if I refuse to let Him speak to me? In order to harvest one must go to the field; one must put forth the effort
Something else I noticed, it’s not recorded how much was harvested, just that the wise son was there at the time of gathering. Which tells me that there was something there for him to pick up? This tells me that he now has more than he did
Something else I noticed no one made him go to the field he went on his on accord.
Ecclesiastes 3:2- A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted
Did I miss the time, did I miss the harvest. Was I wise this day? Did I gather what The Lord had for me? Am I better off for it? Or did I sleep, did I race through the day, did I think I was in charge

A wise son gathereth in summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment