Sunday, July 16, 2017

Happiness, Trust and Desire

He that handleth a matter wisely shall find good: and whoso trusteth in the LORD, happy is he. 
Being happy should be a goal that is set for all of us. Webster says this about HAPPY "Being in the enjoyment of agreeable sensations from the possession of good; enjoying pleasure from the gratification of appetites or desires." True happiness would be a desire that we find  enjoyment in. When I was a young boy back in elementary  school I was to do a report on a state and something that was in that state. I picked Arizona not knowing anything about Arizona as I looked at this state I read about what is called the Grand Canyon. I was fascinated with it and told myself that one day I would love to see it. From that young age of 12 I had a desire to see the Grand Canyon. About the same time a read something about a comet they called Halley's Comet. I read about Halley's Comet in 1962 the next sighting would be in 1986 and I had a desire to see that too.  I was able to see both, but those desires came and went happy to see them but I must asked myself what are my desires for this day? What are my desires Dailey? Do my Dailey desires bring real happiness? The key to real happiness is found in verse 20 "whoso trusteth in the LORD, happy is he." What am I trusting in? Is what I have placed my trust in causing happiness to flow through my life? Do I feel safe in what I have placed my trust in? 
The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the Lord shall be safe.
Yes, I not only feel safe in what I've placed my trust in but also have a desire to know more about my Lord. As I awoke this morning my first real desire was to get my Bible and see what the Lord will show and teach me. Today it was about trusting Him and being happy. Can never go wrong placing my trust in the Lord. The desire to view Halley' Comet came and is gone the same with the Grand Canyon but the desire to spend time with the Lord is an ongoing desire that I never want to say it came and it went.
Shew me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths.

5 Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment