Friday, April 20, 2018

Honor

Proverbs 20:3
It is an honour for a man to cease from strife: but every fool will be meddling.

I’m interested in “It is an honour for a man to cease from strife”

HONOR “A testimony of esteem; any expression of respect or of high estimation by words or actions; as the honors of war; military honors; funeral honors; civil honors.”

STRIFE “Contention in anger or enmity; contest; struggle for victory; quarrel or war.”

It is a testimony by words or actions for a man to cease from contention in anger. 

It’s an honor not only to the person to cease from contention but it is also a reflection of the Lord shining in and through a persons life. Let’s give praise where praise is due. Without the working of the Spirit of God in our hearts few would even try to cease from strife. They would just keep justifying what they said or did by words of I just can’t help it or that’s the way I am or even God made me this way. Bottom line we become that way because of sin that we allow to go uncontrolled. Lord help me today to allow you to control my mouth and mind that I’ll not bring shame to your name.  

No comments:

Post a Comment