Friday, March 13, 2009

Don't Let Your Rabbit Die

Our oldest son once had a pet rabbit and I still kid him about it from time to time. You see he made a rabbit cage, box, pen or whatever you prefer to call it. Anyways he would go to the edge of the woods where he had put his small cage, about midway up a tree. I told him it was his rabbit and he was to take care of it. He was doing a find job and to be honest I didn't worry about it at all. One day we were eating supper when he said excitably "my rabbit, my rabbit" I looked out the window and saw all look fine, the rabbit was lying in the cage as if it were sleeping. I said "what's the matter?" He then began to tell his mother and I that he had forgotten to feed his rabbit. I said "for how long?" He said "to long!" You see his rabbit was sleeping but it was from a sleep that he would never awake. That sounds awful and it is, but as I think about that I am afraid that to many times we don't spend time with the Lord. Then before we know it we have starved ourselves almost too spiritual death. Our Bible reading is gone, our prayer time is at meal times only and when it is time to meet with those at Church we have something else that is pressing. I want you to remember this verse as we come to the close of this week. John 10:10- The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: That is all the "thief" wants to do to you. Now who do you think the "thief" is? That's right the enemy, the devil. He wants to steal your time and your relationships, kill your courage and your marriage and destroy your joy and happiness and much, much more. But let's not quit there the rest of the verse says "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." Now Jesus says He wants to give us life, so that we might have it abundantly. My son’s rabbit died for like of food. Are you getting enough spiritual food or are you allowing the thief to rob you? A thief doesn’t let you know what he is stealing until one day you go to get it and it’s gone. That’s what happened to Samson. That’s what happened to Judas. Peter says He’s a loin walking about seeking whom he may devour 1Peter 5:8 Be sober, (Keep your mind clear) be vigilant; ( be alert) because your adversary(opponent)the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Watch out, don’t be the one on the menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment