Thursday, March 19, 2009

The E R

 

I'm glad the emergency room is available but I hate to go there.I've been too many times as it is. I remember one night almost five years ago, I received a phone call about 11:30 pm. It was from a pay phone; now who uses pay phones! It woke me up, I answered and on the other end was the voice of a good friend. He said that his son had been in a bad car wreck and was being air lifted to the hospital. The last words he said to me, "it's bad." I sat on the side of the bed, was this real or had I just dreamed this? I soon realized that this was no dream so I headed for the emergency room. When I got there I told them who I was and why I was there. They told me to wait just a minute. I had been in emergency rooms many times in the past and I realized something was different this time. They came and took me past the emergency room and down a hall to a room. What I was about to face in that room no one could have prepared me for. The only son this friend and his wife had was now gone. What do you say at a time like this? There're no magic words if there is such a thing. But as I said "let's have a word of prayer" and began to pray, I felt God's peace in the room. Nothing changed, their only son was gone from this world for ever, but the God who they had put their trust in was able to help in this great time of need. It's an awful thing to loose a loved one and when it's your only child the questions are unanswerable. But you know two thousand years ago God allowed His Son to be put to death for a world who loved Him not. He did no sin. All He did was good and people hated Him so much they beat Him until His guts were visible. He became so weak that someone else had to carry His cross. They spit on Him, cursed Him and forsook Him. They gambled for His clothes, as He hung there in open shame. How awful! But what Jesus had to say to the on looking crowd as well as His accusers and abusers shows us and tells us what LOVE  really is.
Luke 23:34
 T
hen said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

So, just remember when you think no one cares or loves you there is one who Loves you so much that He gave His all for you. That may have been the reason why there was a peace that filled that room that night, for there was one there that knew just how that mom and dad felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment