Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Life Saver

It was a long time ago now, and I have learned from experience. It was Christmas time and I was off to buy my wife a nice Christmas gift. As I walked and looked at different things at the mall, I realized I had no clue what to get her. As I walked around something caught my attention, it was a man cooking something in front of this store. I stopped to watch him and he began talking to me and I guess I talked too much. He found out that I was there to buy my wife a gift, so he began to tell me how much she would enjoy these frying pans. I thought man this guy is a life saver. He began to tell me how these pans would not allow anything to stick to them because they had this Teflon coating. He showed me and said my wife would love me forever if I were to give these to her as her Christmas gift. I can't begin to tell you how WRONG he was. Surprised! No, she wasn't but I sure was. I wish I could tell you that I learned never to do that again, but that would be a lie, because there was the time I gave her a waffle iron, but that will be for another day. My wife has had to apply teflon love to me more than once. I am talking about not letting anything stick; just let it slide right off. I hope you are one or that you want to become one! 1Pe 4:8 Peter simply says, And above all things Now what follows is going to be the most important point have fervent(without ceasing)charity(love) among yourselves: for charity(love)Why? he says love covers shall cover (hide) the multitude (large number) of sins. Overlooking love-that's Teflon love! Un-love keeps score all the time; it marks down every time it gets offended or wounded, it harbors, it never forgets an offense. If you're that kind of person in your relationships, then when someone crosses you, you don't let it go you let it grow. Jesus' style of love has no score card. If you love as He has told us to then you simply refuse to store the negatives from other people or about other people. You're Teflon, and the negatives don't stick to you. They slide off. Don't allow hard feelings toward someone you know to start growing in you? Don't allow some resentment, some anger, some bitterness that you've allowed to stick to your soul toward someone in your family; your mate, your child or your parent. The Bible calls it a "root of bitterness" and says what will happen if we allow it to grow. "It will cause trouble and defile many" Heb 12:15 Looking diligently(not carelessly) lest any man fail (fall short)of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing(swell up) up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled; (made dirty) If there's any unforgiveness in our heart, hear what God's Word says Col 3:13 Forbearing one another,(bearing with one another) and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel(complaint) against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye. (as Christ forgave you, so also you should forgive)Don't treat people as they've treated you; treat them as Jesus has treated you! Ask your Lord for a dose of His love that will cover rather than harbor the wrongs against you. Love enough to cover not just a few of them, but a multitude of sins. Things don't stick to someone who has God's Teflon love. They slide off! I guess I might go buy my wife...some cooking utensils, maybe her mind has changed!

No comments:

Post a Comment