Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Foolishness Bound in the Heart

My Dad is the only the only father I ever had other than my heavenly Father and not one time did my dad ever hit me with his hand! He never spanked me with his hand, he never balled up his fist and struck me with it; never! If my brothers and I were being raised during today's times I am afraid my dad would have spent time in jail. You see he believed strongly in these Bible verses Ecclesiastes 8:11
Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.
He believed in speedy execution! He didn't want evil to take root in our hearts!

Proverbs 22:15
Foolishness
is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.
He also believed in the rod of correction, belt of correction, switch of correction and yes my Dad did believe in time out. When the rod, belt or switch would at times be defected and break because of the pressure that was being applied he would say "don't go anywhere I'll be right back." He always returned with another product that was not defective.

Proverbs 23:13
Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.
He did not believe it would kill us and he beat me and my brothers with his rod of correction.

Proverbs 23:14
Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.
He believed in delivering our souls from hell.

Proverbs29:15
The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame.
He believed in giving us wisdom for he didn't want us to bring shame to our mother. He did a great job at correcting his sons and I love him the more for it now. I must say back then I wished he believed in standing with my noise in the corner but now I am glad he didn't. My Dad loved me and my brothers and wanted us to respect others; still today I say yes sir and no maam even to those that are much younger than I; it just shows respect. For the way my Dad corrected me now helps me to understand that God loves me too! Proverbs 3:12
For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.
You see my Dad didn't hate me, instead he delighted in me. I understand when God is dealing with me and I understand that He will correct His children. You see my Dad didn't correct the kids up the street or next door but he did correct his. God does the same thing, He corrects His children. So if God is correcting you for wrong thinking, actions, the words that fly out of our mouths at times, then just know that your heavenly Father is doing so because He loves you and is doing so because of His love for you. I think my Dad did a wonderful job in raising his sons. My middle brother is an excellent business man, my baby brother followed in the steps of our Dad and works for the railroad. There is the child our mother miscarried of which I like to think is my sister; I won't really know until I get to glory. Then there is me of which I have little to say, except that I know God loves me because he corrects me daily and that I am looking forward to seeing and meeting my sister!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment