Friday, July 24, 2009

The Young Lady that got between my Wife and I

Has anything ever come between what you really love? It wasn't long ago when a young Lady came between my wife and myself. You see I love Judy with all my heart but this day this young lady came between her and I. Did you think I was talking about something else? That is how rumors get started, by not knowing all the facts. I just set you each up to have your mind think something that wasn't true. It was true that a lady did get between our cars as we traveled but that's a lot of difference than what you may have been thinking. That is just what our enemy does; he did it with Adam and Eve and he has done it to me countless times. How about you? John 10:10
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:
I really don't want to be part of his plan, but how many times has he used us? Webster says the word "Gossip" means One who runs from house to house, tattling and telling news; an idle tattler to chat; to talk much Have you confided in someone you thought you could trust only to find out later that they talked too much? I remember in 1978 I was taught this lesson. There was a problem in the Church the Lord had allowed me to Pastor that I didn't know how to handle. In college there wasn't a class on "Church troubles & problems 101" if there was such a class I didn't see it or thought why would I ever need such a class as that? Any ways I didn't know what to do! There was this older man who had pastored in the past and was not attending our Church. So I thought I'll talk with him about it and he will know what to do. I didn't see the first red flag; did you? "I thought" not that I prayed but I thought. I have learned now about those pronouns like "I" Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Isa 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

Isa 14:14
I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
Anyways I told him my heart in hope of an answer. Before I got home that night the phone was ringing and the one that I had shared my heart about in confidence was on the other end. Unknowing to me I had just shared my heart with one who runs from house to house, tattling and telling news. I leaned something that helped me that night; pray because my thinking will lead me in the wrong direction as well as wrong decisions. So before you run to share that bit of news you just received ask yourself will this hurt or will it help? Will it heal or will it leave an UN healable wound when you're gone. We are to build up not tear down! Gal 6:10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith. We will have opportunity in both today it will be our choice which we will do built up or destroy! Pray before you speak about others and you may hold your words! Words do hurt and destroy.

No comments:

Post a Comment