Monday, August 10, 2009

The Keeper

When I read something that sticks out to me I will put it in the fly pages of my Bible so I can look at it from time to time. I found this poem back in 2004, as I read it, the meaning behind it was so powerful and I have thought on it often. I don't remember where I first read it but when I did I immediately put it in my Bible, it is call the "Keeper of the Keys" I hope it means as much to you as it does to me.

You are the Keeper of the Keys

You are the Guard at the Gate

Waiting in line to get through the door

Is Love, and also HATE.

In line to enter is gentile peace.

You must choose who may, and who

May not come through the door.

INTOLERANCE tries to sneak on through

On wings of FEAR or PRIDE.

It hides behind DREAMS of BELONGING,

And tries to sneak inside.

On! Be Alert! You're the Guard who decides

Who GOES and who may STAY.

You are the Keeper of The Keys to your Mind.

Who will you let in today?

When you put good things into your mind and life, then good things will flow out. Your mind is like a field it cares not what the farmer plants, it will produce whatever is planted. It doesn't care. Our minds will do the same thing, that is why we are told in Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Think on things that are true, honest, pure, just, lovely, good report….think on these things. Why is this so important? Have you ever heard this saying? "Garbage in Garbage out;" your mind doesn't care. It will produce or reproduce whatever you put in or allow to enter. You my friend, are the Keeper of the Keys what will you let in today?


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment