Thursday, September 24, 2009

Tattoos & Piercing

"If I had a dime for every time I had actually earned God's love, I would be short a dime!" Steve Curington wrote that in his E-vos for my De-vos on Tuesday of this week. The Reformers Unanimous {RU} is a very rewarding ministry for many reasons. Every Friday night I see men and women from all walks of life as they come to the RU meeting; there are those who have no job to those who have good jobs to those who have real good jobs. But they all meet together to help each other. These people did not come to necessarily get their live right with God. Although without that they may never overcome what brought them to the RU meeting for this is more than likely not the first place they have been to get help from there strongholds. So I don't need to spend the night telling them where they may or may not have gone wrong. I don't need to talk about their tattoos, piercing or the way they are dressed that's not my job that's God's Job. I must never forget I am now fighting on the front lines and I must be careful that I don't shoot myself in the foot for this kind of talk may run them off forever. I must never forget what the Bible says 1Corinthains 6:11
And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
Do What? Yes that's right it says "YOU." We seem to somehow forget that. How would you have acted if you enter a program for help and all of a sudden someone jumped you about your hair, dress, tattoos, and everything else they notice wrong in your life? We can't do that we need to let God do it Romans 12:1
I beseech you therefore, brethren,
{Those born of the same womb} by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Romans 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
I assure you God will do that; He did it in my life and He will do it in their life too. Did you notice it takes a "renewing of the mind" and when these good people come through the doors we need to point them to the one that can and will help them that being Jesus Christ. When we try to help those we must do it out of a heart of love from a compassionate heart not trying to earn God's Love? We already have God's Love

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Before we loved Him He was in love with us; so therefore we cannot earn His love. My children have my love they don't have to earn it, they do things for their mother and I because they love us and even if they didn't do a thing we would still love them. We loved them before they were ever born and I couldn't imagine life without them; they don't have to earn our love they have it already and so it is with God we don't have to earn what we already have. So if we try to earn God's love we will fail because 1John 4:8….. for God is love.


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment