Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Clean

There are people that look great on the outside and even religious, but they have problems on the inside. Many will hide it; remember they look good on the outside and many will say they are clean, but are they really?

Proverbs 20:9
Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?

Proverbs 20:11
Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right.

What a question "Who can say" It is easy to say "I have made my heart clean" But the word of God warns us about our heart

Jeremiah 17:9
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Our hearts can and will deceive us and cause us to become fools Psalms 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good. If you or I were to say I am clean and pure from my sin then we are saying we are smarter and know more than God does. Not only are we told that we can be deceived by our own heart but we are also told that there is none that does good and we are told that more than once Rom 3:10
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Romans 3:11
There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

Romans 3:12
They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. Then we hear this Romans 3:23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Now does that say all? Now I must ask myself this question does all mean everyone including me? To which I would have to say "yes." So no matter how much I say I have made my heart clean and that I am pure from my sin Proverbs 20:11 says that I and everyone else will know that I'm not what I say by my actions; and you know I can't help that for I and everyone else will do what's in our heart. So when I think I'm living that sin free life I must remember I am included in that ALL HAVE SINNED AND COME SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD verse. Come short is not making the mark, coming short just one inch from the goal line is not a touchdown, coming one inch from the fence is not a home run, hitting a long ball to the edge of the cup is not a hole in one and coming short of asking God to forgive you is still being unforgiven. Short is short and without Jesus in our hearts we are short;' no matter how good we think we are doing. We can make ourselves think all is ok but that's all we're doing thinking and that coming, what? That's right short!

1 comment:

  1. Man , there are so many friends I wish would read this article.

    ReplyDelete