Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Conscious Decision

CONSCIOUS- Possessing the faculty or power of knowing one's own thoughts or mental operations. Thus, man is a conscious being.


 

DECISION -Determination, considered the circumstances and come to a decision.


 

So a Conscious Decision would be the power of knowing ones on thoughts and considering the circumstances and with determination come to a conclusion.

I remember when I was a child one night I found myself at our front door locked out of the house and didn't know how I got there. Sometime during the night I made a non conscious decision to get out of bed and go; I don't know where! You see I made a decision but it was not a conscious one, had it been, I would not have locked myself outside on the front porch. In September of 1968 I made a conscious decision to go and join the United States Air Force. In January of 1970 I made a conscious decision to get married. In April of 1973 I made a conscious decision to ask the Lord to forgive me of my sins. I have made conscious decisions all my life some were for my best interest and others were not. I made a conscious decision one day to run a stop sign, only to find that a policeman made a conscious decision to write me a ticket. Every day we make conscious decisions some good and some bad, some long term and some short term, but we make them none the less. So when you heard that Jesus was willing to give you a new life what kind of decision did you make? Just the other week a man made a conscious decision to pick up a phone and give me a call. The nature of the call was he was facing an operation in a few hours and he was in great pain. He asked if I would come to where he was and have a word of prayer with him to which I did. See this man had made a conscious decision to quit reading his Bible, praying and going to Church and had gotten comfortable; all was fine until the pain came and the operation was looming over his head. He thought he was not going to make it and he sure didn't want to meet God in his condition so he gave me a call; everything went well. He called me again this week and told me he wanted to meet with me for he was tired of living the way he was living. We all make conscious decisions but may I remind you what the Bible has to say and what happens when making conscious decisions Galatians 6:7
Be not deceived; {m
ake no mistake about this} God is not mocked:{made a fool of}for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. {Whatever you plant you'll harvest!}

Galatians 6:8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption {you will harvest destruction}; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. I am glad that Morning in April of 1973 I made a Conscious Decision to trust Christ, had I not you would not be reading this now, but I am so glad you are and if tonight I lay my head down for the last time; I am not guessing, hoping or thinking I have eternal life! 1John 5:12
He that hath the Son hath life;
{I have Him, I have life} and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

1John 5:13
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
Know What? That sounds like a "Conscious Decision."


 


 


 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment