Thursday, October 15, 2009

trust

When my children were small I wanted to teach them that they could put trust in me. At different times I would do things. I remember one time putting my oldest son on top of a little out building and asking him to jump. I told him I would catch him but he refused to jump; no matter how much I asked him he just would not jump. Now my daughter was different it didn't matter what I put her on if I told her to jump she would jump and I always caught her. As I was thinking about the times that I wanted my children to trust me I got to thinking about the Lord; He wants me to put trust in Him. He is not going to put me on an out building somewhere and ask me to jump but He does want me to trust Him for that is what we are told to do. Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
There is that word heart again. The Lord wants me to trust in Him with all my heart. Now think about that for a moment; not part or even half but all my heart. I have never given it much thought about my money and my bank. I put my money in the bank and never think anymore about it; would that be trusting with all my heart? I trust the Lord with my salvation

John 10:28
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Now what about everyday life? Do I trust Him? I was in a home not long ago and felt that the Lord wanted me to talk to this man. I put if off and still I felt as if the Lord was telling me to speak with him about his soul. So I asked this man how things were with him and the Lord to which he answer he didn't know how to answer that. So I began to tell him about the day I asked the Lord into my heart. He listened to every word I had to say and never said a word. His wife asked me to have a word of prayer with them before I left ; I did and as I left I said if there is anything I can do please call me. I did as the Lord wanted me to do but didn't understand until last night. I went to a tent meeting and as the preacher preached he said these words, sometime we talk to people and it's at a later time before the Lord works on their heart. We just have to trust in the Lord with all our heart as He instructs us to do His business. Just trust me the Lord is saying I know what I am doing. Psalms 20:7
Some
trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.

Isaiah 31:1
Woe to them that go down to Egypt for help; and stay on horses, and trust in chariots, because they are many; and in horsemen, because they are very strong; but they look not unto the Holy One of Israel, neither seek the LORD!
What do we trust in? Chariots, horses, people, banks, groups, money or are we putting our trust in the Lord?

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is such a huge blessing and God used it today to speak to my heart about witnessing...
    and about how HE loves us... and wants us to trust Him...

    ReplyDelete