Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Miracle Berry

As I was reading I came across something I have never heard of called the "taste berry" so I looked it up and this is what I found out about the "taste berry." The Miracle Berry is an extraordinary tree fruit found in the West of Africa that has the ability to create an amazing sweet taste. The indigenous people of Africa used this taste changing berry in order to enable them to eat extremely bitter and sour foods in the African bush especially during hard times when more tasty foods were not available. After eating the miracle berry the tribesmen could then eat these usually less palatable fruits without experiencing a bitter taste - in fact the taste of these bitter fruits would be transformed to a delicious and sweet fruit. Take the bitterness out!
The effect of Miracle berry is made possible by contact with the tongue, not through digestion. The most pronounced effect can be achieved by coating the entire tongue with Miracle fruit for up to 30 seconds.  The effect will last from 10 minutes to 2 hours, depending mostly on what you eat. When the effect wears off, everything tastes as before (lemons are sour again).

Wow! Now that's something there is a berry that can take away the sour, bitter, remove the hot from the hot sauce and the yucky from anything we want to eat. Gratitude should be the "taste berry" of Christianity, so when our hearts are filled with gratitude nothing that comes our way would be unpleasant to us. Sorrowing heart, sweeten your grief with gratitude. Burdened soul, lighten your burden by singing God's praises. Disappointed, make your disappointment disappear by having a thankful spirit. Lonely, dispel your loneliness by making others grateful. Sick, grow strong by thanking God that He loves you and will never leave you even in your sickness. When that grumbler, the pessimist, and chronic complainer shows up in your life just get hold of that gratitude and be thankful!

Psa 95:2
Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.

Psalms 100:4
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

Philippians 4:6
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Colossians 3:15
And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

On tomorrow when you get with your loved ones you will be thankful? I'm sure, but will they know it? Will they see it? Will they hear it? If you think you might have trouble grab hold of some gratitude before you see them and be ye thankful. Today I will go to a funeral of a lady of whom I have been friends with for the last 19 years; she just passed away from that awful disease - cancer. The last eight years of her life have been spent taking treatments, losing her hair, wearing wigs, scarves and stocking caps. She will leave behind a seventeen and a twelve year old daughter as well as her husband of 21 years. Not one time did I ever hear her say she was hurting or why is this happening to me or God must be punishing me; I'll never see my grandchildren, I will not be at my daughters graduation in June not even a hint of such complaining or grumbling. She was grateful for each day she had and very thankful for what she had and she impacted my life greatly by her actions as well as her attitude. I think she got into a bottle of GRATITUDE, what do you think?


 

Enjoy your Thanksgiving with your family and be Thankful! If you decide you must get out in the black Friday crowd be careful that you don't get beat on or ran over by some buy happy shopper that is racing for the next big deal. For myself, I think I'll spend some time with my family and then spend time with some of the greatest people in the world, those at Reformers whom God has made free from all kinds of addictions and over all I'll just be thankful and grateful for just being able to be around one more Thanksgiving. I'll be back on Monday November 31 with something exciting that the Lord has given me to share with each of you. God Bless each and every one is my prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment