Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Paper Plates

How do you feel when you throw away a paper plate? Do you feel a great sense of regret? NO, I would say it doesn't even bother you; I have never awakened in the middle of the night with this thought "I didn't save my paper plate I can't believe I threw it away." No, it doesn't bother me at all for that's what they are made for. I remember years ago I and my best friend were going to a camp meeting and we stopped to get something to eat. After we finished we headed for the trash to throw away our paper products and without thinking I shoved the whole tray into the trash and walked out the door. My friend came out just a laughing and I turned and asked him what he was laughing at. He said you just threw everything away tray and all; I didn't realized I had done that, wonder how many times I have done that in the past? At home my wife has some nice plates that says "fine china" that's what she has written on the back of them, for it's the best we have. Now we don't throw those plates in the trash we wash them put them back up and reuse them over and over again because they are valuable. I am afraid too many today feel like they are no more than paper plates. They've been neglected, compared to others, ignored, backstabbed and abused so they have the feeling that they are worthless. They are throwing themselves away socially by the friends they choose to be around, by alcohol and drug abuse, sexually, and even suicidal thoughts. But here is what's so tragic you see God didn't make us to be paper plates and here are three reasons why!

#1-
Exodus 19:5
Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:
God says that we are treasures, in other words you are fine china.

#2- Ephesians 2:10
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Workmanship isn't something just thrown together, it's no accident, it's not random; you're a masterpiece made by the master of the universe, God Himself and there's not another like you. The reason "unto good works "

#3- 1Corthians 6:20
For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
God says you're His treasure, His workmanship, and the one He paid a lot for. You can tell the worth of something by what a person is willing to pay for it. God paid for you with the blood of His one and only Son, Jesus Christ, and even though you have sinned, He wanted you back so much He sent His Son to pay the death penalty in your place. You are very expensive! If you feel like you're not worth much, then it's time to pay a visit to the cross where Jesus Christ died for you. That's how much God thinks you're worth - the life of His Son. Don't feel worthless you're not paper you're fine china.

No comments:

Post a Comment