Monday, January 25, 2010

Very Elementary

A Good friend of mine told me about a man who had told him that he believed that God was angry with him and that's why everything was going wrong in his life, because God was punishing him. Does God get so angry with His children that He just keeps on punishing them? Do you as a parent? I would like to take the next two days and expound on something I think you will find very interesting. First we will deal with something that is very elementary to most of us and then I would like to take it a little further. I believe it will be very interesting to each of us. We hear a lot of talk about giving our heart and life to the Lord Jesus; just what does that mean? I want to teach you something about being in the family of God. We are all familiar with Adam and Eve and what happened to them back in the Garden of Eden. Wait a minute you may have had this thought as others have. Adam and Eve, two people I have never met, who lived some place I've never been, have gotten me in some kind of trouble that I can't get out of. Wow, that just doesn't seem right, let alone fair. Read this verse John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Wait; received Him! What is that all about? It's a long story I'll make it as short as I can. Before God ever created Adam and Eve He put a law into affect that is still true to this day and that law is the law of reproduction. Read it for yourselves Genesis 1:11
And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
Did you see it? "After his kind"which simply means if I plant corn I will in return get corn. If I plant tomatoes I will in return get tomatoes and on and on with whatever you plant. You and I reproduce boys and girls which look like us with our likenesses. Dogs have dogs and horse have horses and monkey have monkeys. Now when Adam and Eve disobeyed God they sinned and put distance between God and man. That is why David could say

Psalms 58:3
The wicked
(condemned, guilty, ungodly) are estranged (strangers to God) from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies. You may say "condemned" why, I'm not condemned; am I? What have I done? Born after the likeness of earthly parents; which were born after theirs; on down the line until we get to the very start which are Adam and Eve.

John 3:18
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. Here it is!

Roman 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Roman 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Roman 10:11
For the scripture saith, whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

With that, you are placed in Gods Family and we get to call God by the family name "Our Father." On tomorrow I want to go farther and use the prodigal son of Luke 15 to close the blog and show you something that should rejoice every child of Gods heart.

Enjoy the day that God has given you today and let me tell you it's going to be a great week just wait and see.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment