Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Forgiven

It is great to go on vacation. Leave the room and when you return it's all clean. I remember going on a cruise and every time we would leave the room and return it was always clean. A person can get used to that real quick. Every door you walk through opened and closed all by itself; after a week of that I began to think all doors were like that. After we were back to the real life I walked up to a door and it didn't open! Would you believe I walked right into it and hit my head; it only happened once for I came back to earth real fast. Let's go back to the room that those kind people cleaned up. I could have asked them why they did this and they more than likely would have said "I have come, to put your things in order." Is that not what Jesus does? He comes to set our hearts in order. You and I can mess them up pretty good butHe comes to clean them.

Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Did you see how that worked? He knocks and we open up. It didn't read "Behold I beat on the door until it is knocked down and I come in and you listen to me." No, it's not that way at all. He knocks and if you don't want to open the door you don't have to. But if you do open the door He will come in and give you peace

John 14: 27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. Free peace "peace I give unto you." Peace is only a door opening away and we spend a life time looking for it. One day, Jesus Christ came to the door of my life and it was a mess. I had spent the last 22 years doing things my way and there was no peace.

Isaiah 59:2
But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.
Imagine, cut off from the One who has the love, the meaning, and the eternal life that we're looking for. There are two deadly mistakes that keep people from heaven. Thinking you're too good to need Jesus or thinking you're too bad for Jesus to take you. I work with people that are addicted to things that are destroying their lives and they really want help and many times they feel that they are just too bad for Jesus to love them and forgive them. That is not so at all but then on the other hand there are those who are God's children and they think they are too good to even give the time of day to those who are too bad. That's why many who have a problem will not come to the Church for help and that's a shame. On one hand we claim peace and on the other we push those away who want peace. What did Jesus say?

Luke 19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up. When you and I decide to HUMBLE ourselves then and only then will we find peace. I love working with those who are addicted because when they ask the Lord to forgive them they are golden and their face lights up like a bright light. Tears run down their face and their hands go into the air in praise and their lives are NEVER the SAME. Can you say amen to that or not!

1 comment: