Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wrong Choice

Has there ever been a time in your life that you just didn't see something coming? I was 15 years old and my friend was 17 years old and had a car. Now that was cool! One night he and I were to go to see a movie; my Dad gave me instructions that he didn't want me riding around all over town but go to the movies and then straight home. I agreed and in my mind that was what I was going to do. We went to the movies and were sitting there like we were supposed to. Then all of a sudden my friend leaned over to me and said "this movie isn't that good let's go." The first thing that went through my mind was what I should have done but that's not what happened. I explained to my friend that I wasn't to leave the theater and ride around; surely he would understand. No! That was not the case. He said let's go your Dad will never know. The peer pressure was on and I would like to say I didn't leave but I did. Bad choice! Now why we returned to the theater I will never know but we did and when we did there was a surprise there waiting for me; you guessed it, my Dad. He was watching to see if I came out of the theater. I never saw that coming. We all have made wrong choices in life and as they say hind sight is 20/20. We can truck through life and pay little or no attention to God and His great love to and for us. We can even compare ourselves with others who call themselves Christians and without doubt convince ourselves that we are just as good as they are or maybe even better. That is fine except for one thing they are not the standard we should be comparing ourselves with.

2Corinthians 10:12
For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

The Lord has left us a plan and it's a simple one. But I am afraid that many will be surprised to find that God much like my Dad will be standing there watching. If we failed to meet His requirements we will find ourselves in great danger. We not only made bad choices but we have sinned

Romans 3:23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Just like there was a price for my leaving the theater, so there is a price for our sin.

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. I surely don't want that I want life; is there a way to make a change? There is now but not if you wait until you close your eyes in death.

Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. I like that it says "Shalt" not maybe, hope so, think so but shall be.

1John 5:12
He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. Know what? It says that those who have the Son have life. We know what we have and what we don't have. I know I have a truck, I don't think I have a truck, I know I have one. I know I have shirt, pants, and shoes and oh yes, a belt. There are a lot of things I know I don't have but there are a bunch of things I know I have. I know I have life; not guessing at it or thinking I do I know I have eternal life. If you have it you do too and if you don't I don't know of a better time than now to ask the Lord to forgive you, do you? Have a great day and don't Compare just Confess you'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment