Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Let's Pretend

It looks like I forgot to post yester day so to understand to day's blog read this first. Sorry!
Merriam Webster gives the meaning of the word Pretend as to give a false appearance of being, to make believe. When I was a young boy we would go to the movies on a given Saturday afternoon. I can remember we would return home and then we would act out what we had seen earlier. I might be Jesse James on the run from the law with the posse right on my heels. Finally we would have the show down with a gun fight on the street of make believe where I would draw my six shooter cap gun and I would fall to the ground as I pretended I was dead. We would play for hours and back then the good guys always would be the ones that came out the winners. So let’s pretend; are you ready? Use your imagination and don’t try to figure out where or what; just imagine, ready? Let’s go.

The bank where you have your account calls and tells you that an anonymous donor who loves you very much has decided to deposit 86,400 pennies into your account each morning, starting the first of the month. That’s $864 dollars a day, seven days a week, and fifty two weeks a year. There is only one stipulation; you must spend all the money that same day. No balance will be carried over to the next day. Each evening the bank must cancel whatever sum you failed to use. Alright now we’re talking you grab a pen and a list is made. First question how much in a week will I have to spend? Little over $6000 now times 52 weeks; alright that is almost $315,000 a year and all I have to do is spend it. I think I might be able to do this. Remember, whatever is left we lose; no saving it to a later date! It is gone forever without a chance to get it back. You say if this were only true? It is just pretend! I am excited about tomorrow for we will get serious and get ready for this week of Thanksgiving for we have much to be thankful for. Don't forget that number 86,400.

No comments:

Post a Comment