Friday, November 19, 2010

There is a Way that Seems Right

We (I didn’t) looked at it, but I was the one who made the decision.
As we traveled home from Rockford, Illinois, after the funeral of Steve Currington, the map was looked at by our travel navigators, two women in our company. They both agreed that the new way we were to travel looked as if it would be shorter. We were 800 miles away from home and it had taken us about 14 hours to make the trip. All looked good and the GPS said that we would be home around 3AM the next morning. When it came time to change interstates, I asked which way we were going. Were we to take the way we came or the new route? They all agreed that I should make the decision. Quickly I thought, who was I to argue with those who had taken the time to navigate, and went the new route. After over 500 miles, we decided to stop. It was midnight and we were all worn out and still 8 hours from home. What happened? It is true that I made the final decision. The problem was that I listened to the wrong voices. I believed they knew best, but in reality it was looking at the map that deceived them, and I followed popular opinion. After choosing the short cut, we turned a 800 mile trip into over 1000 miles.

Proverbs 16:25  There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.  (Or over 200 miles difference)

Really, with all joking aside, will it matter what or who we believe as far as eternity is concerned? Some say Jesus and others say someone else. Can we really know for sure? Let me ask you this question; do you have a Bible which starts with the book of Genesis and ends with the book of Revelation? If you answered yes to this question, then why? Could it be that you believe that a man named Jesus was born, lived and died on a cross? Could it be you are searching for answers? May I tell you that you are on the right track? When the time comes to change eternally states, like it did for me on the interstate, be sure you are not on the route to hell but on the route to heaven. You have the road map to heaven, the Bible, in your possession and in that Bible it tells you about Jesus who made the following statement:

John 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.   Notice what Jesus said; He was the way! He didn’t say He was a way or even a good way. He used a definite article “the” which means only. Jesus is the only way! If that is true, and it is, then for me or anyone else to be on the highway to heaven, we must know who Jesus is. He is more than a name in the Bible. He is a person that we must know, a truth we must put our trust in to have a life that is real and take us to the Father. Without Jesus there is no hope of Heaven!

Ephesians 2:2  Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Ephesians 2:3  Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
Ephesians 2:5  Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Have a great week end and please pray for my wife she is still in much pain.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your time and effort that you put into sharing the thoughts that our Lord and Saviour Jesus gives to you, I will pray for your wife and I am thankful you all made it home safely :)
    In His Service,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete