Monday, December 6, 2010

To Know

To understand: to grasp the meaning of; What do you know? We came into this world knowing nothing and as the days went by we were able to learn. Sometimes we learned by accident¸ which is not the best way but sometimes that is the way we learn. I think we learn most of what we know by others who are able to teach us. As we look into the first chapter of the book of Proverbs the Lord showed me something I would like to share. In the first 4 verses I see the word “to” 4¬-times look at it with me for a minute. In verse 2 we see to "know” Webster says the word “know” means “to understand clearly.” Before we can teach anyone we must understand clearly. How do we tell others about Jesus until we understand clearly what He has done for us. In the same verse we see to "perceive" which means to know, to understand. Could that mean we are to understand clearly by grasping the meaning of? In verse 3 we see to "receive" which means to take then in verse 4 we see the last and it is to "give" which means to transfer. If you and I know then we should want to transfer what we know with others who don’t know. That is what Paul told Timothy in

2Timothy 2:2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also. Verse 5 tells us how we learn to know

Proverbs 1:5 A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels: Do you think that hearing is important? I think so because the next part of that verse says there will be an increase in learning then they will become a man of understanding and they will attain (to reach as an end) unto wise counsel. Did you notice that it was by hearing and not talking? I guess the old saying is right God gave us two ears and one mouth so we are to hear twice as much as we speak; good rule. What do you know that you can explain clearly to others? Now let me ask you are you doing it? Think about that and see if you can teach someone else something this week. Have a great week is my prayer for each of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment