Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Frontier

I read about Thomas Jefferson Mansion known as Monticello. In that mansion his study, bedroom and library, all faced west. Jefferson loved to look west; he wanted his guests and friends to be looking west because he said that's where the frontier is.  Thomas Jefferson was always facing the frontier! I talked yesterday with a young man that impressed me greatly for he too was facing the frontier; at least that’s what I understood him to say. He is a 22 year old young man headed to New Mexico as a Church planter. As he began to tell me what God had placed in his heart and I saw the twinkle in his eyes. I could tell this was a young man looking toward the frontier. He told of his plans that this year he plans to be in 200 Churches sharing his burden; he is booked already until April with 78 meetings. He told me that when he, his wife and baby arrived in New Mexico that his goal was to make 10 to 20 thousand contacts with the people in the first 3 months and within a 50 year period to see and be a part of seeing 100,000 plus Churches started. I told him that is an amazing plan and I know God is going to do great things with him. There are many that will tell him his goals are too high and it’s nice to dream big but don’t expect to see all that. I assure you I didn’t tell him that, you see he’s saying “there is more out there, and I want it.” He is a young man with a passion 
Php 3:13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
Php 3:14  I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
The Apostle Paul said that he was going to press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God. To those who say his dreams are too high all I can say is what are your dreams? Oswald Chambers puts it this way; “Beware the danger of spiritual relaxation." The spiritual level you're at may very well be enough to satisfy your pastor or other Christians, but I hope it isn't enough to satisfy you.  My last words to this young man were simple they were “leaders know today what they will be doing tomorrow.” Plan for the future for the future is coming.  

1 comment:

  1. Good blog! The future is where where promise is for all of us!

    ReplyDelete