Monday, January 10, 2011

Hear, Do

Well, I must say the weather man hit it right this time. I just made it home from Church last night; I was home about 30 minutes when I looked outside and what did my wondering eye behold? About 2” of snow! As I viewed that snow and the oncoming storm I was reminded of another storm found in the book of Matthew chapter 7 and verse 24  Therefore whosoever(anyone) heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
As you look at that verse what do you see? Do you see the phrase wise man and the word rock? Those are very important words I would agree but there is something else; there are two other words that must be done before one can be called wise. They are heareth and doethfor in order to be a wise man or lady you must do both to be ready for the soon coming storms in your life. Here is pictured a man who not only listened but also did; watch what happened.
Matthew 7:25  And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. The rain came, the waters rose and the winds blew and beat against his house! It didn’t fall because of the foundation. Ok, what if we just hear and that is all we do? The only difference that I see is, do you want to be wise or foolish? Look what happened to the man who decided to become foolish.
Matthew 7:26  And every one (anyone) that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: One man decides to listen and do and the other man decides to listen and that’s it. The difference is in how the storms affect the house and the foundation. The wise man is ok for his foundation is stable but the foolish man isn’t.
His foundation is worthless in the storm and the fall was great. 
Matthew 7:27  And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it. Are you foolish or wise? The only difference is the wise man listened and did but the foolish listened and did nothing about what he heard. How many times have you heard the good news that Jesus saves? Did you do anything about it? My wife wanted a husband that went to Church most Sunday mornings but when God saved me I had a desire to be there Sunday morning, evening and Wednesday evening. That’s not what she wanted. You see I heard and did she had only been listening and not doing for years. After about 10 months of watching me do she decided to give her heart to the Lord and she came from being foolish to being wise. I hope all who read this are wise but if not don’t fret Jesus wants to be your foundation too.  When the storms of this life come your foundation will stand if you are wise.  The storm has left us white so get another cup of coffee and enjoy. If you go out be careful and don’t break a bone for it’s not fun. Let’s have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment