Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Laugh

Ever heard someone say “I just had to laugh at myself?” We have all from time to time did things without thinking or should I say wasn’t thinking at the time. I remember when I was a boy my mother had me take a case of bottled cokes out to the car (that was back in the day when that’s all there was) and told me to put them in the trunk. With keys in my pocket and both hands used to carry the cokes I went to the car. When I got to the car I placed the cokes on top of the trunk lid reached into my pocket and pulled out the keys, found the right key and unlocked the truck. I at that point I proceeded to lift the trunk as the trunk lid started up the cokes slid off and glass went everywhere; man did I feel dumb for not thinking. I wish I could say that was the only time in my life that I did something without thinking but there have been many other times sad to say. God has put something in us that is good for us to do in times such as that as well as other time too; it’s called laughter. Sometimes we just have to stop and laugh; even if it’s at ourselves. 
Job 5:22  At destruction and famine thou shalt laugh:
Proverbs 15:13  A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.
Proverbs  15:15  All the days of the afflicted are evil: but he that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast.
Proverbs 17:22  A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.
If for some reason today you are feeling sad or just having a bad day why not do an exercise; no I am not talking about going to the gym or weight room. Try this; but you must be alone or those around you will have you place in a mental ward. Start laughing and keep laughing for one solid minute. Not thirty seconds, but a full minute. Once you start it becomes easy to keep going because your brain is thinking this is one of the nuttiest things I’ve ever done. When you stop you will feel like a new person. Your frown will have been transformed into a smile. Life is too short for you and I not to have a merry heart. If Job could face destruction and famine and laugh then he must have discovered that a merry heart doeth good just like taking a medicine for you head ache or antacids for your heartburn. I tell you it will do us all good to laugh. Why not today go to a place where you can just laugh; even if it’s at yourself. Laugh loud, laugh often it will keep you happy, healthy and keep your attitude headed in a positive direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment