Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I Do


I do- I do what? I remember saying that to the love of my life 41 years ago. Wait a minute she wasn’t the love or my life then, but over the years she has become the love of my life. I remember saying I do to better or worse, but I was thinking better. I said I do to richer or poorer, but I was thinking richer. I also remember saying I do to health and sickness, but I was thinking health. The bottom line was I committed or was I just looking at this beautiful young lady and would have said I do to almost anything. The years have brought better and also worse; riches and also poorness; health and yes sickness. For the last 3 months I have had the privilege of taking care of my dear wife; did you notice I didn’t say I had to; but get to. Now I didn’t say that knowing she would read this and I would get on her good side; I am already on her good side. There have been many who have said the same words; I do but their idea of I do went without commitment. That is the kind of world you and I live in and so if we aren’t careful we let it roll over into our spiritual life and begin to ask ourselves questions. Questions like can I really put trust in the Lord? Can I really believe His promises? Is His word true? If I wouldn’t leave my wife in her time of need what would make me think that the Lord would leave me in my time of need?  In the book of Hebrews chapter 11 and verse 11 we readThrough faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised. Through faith Sara received strength; now the reason some don’t have much faith and little strength may be found in this verse 
Romans 10:17  So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.  Faith comes how? By hearing and by hearing what? The word of God; now ask yourself how much of the word of God do you hear? If your answer is none then why should you think you would have any faith. If you said little then why do you think you should have strong faith? In order to have strong faith then we must hear the word of God. That is why the Apostle Paulcould say these words  
2Timothy 1:12  For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day. Paul said he knew in who he had put his confidence in and believed and was persuaded that He is able to keep that which he had committed to Him.
Hebrews 10:23  Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)  Jesus became committed to you and I before we said I do you see I became committed after I said I do could that the reason that we love Him. 
1John 4:19  We love him, because he first loved us. 

1 comment:

  1. Amen Brother Wayne. Oh, that we could love Him as much as He loves us!

    ReplyDelete