Thursday, February 3, 2011

Life

You may have never heard of Eunice Sanborn. I hadn’t until yesterday when it was reported that she had passed away on February 1, 2011 as being the oldest lady in the world at the age of 115. Now that’s not what caught my attention, this is what caught my attention “Sanborn credited her long life and good health to her belief in Jesus Christ and her salvation.” I heard that another man from Thailand credits his long life to eating a worm everyday for the last 30 years. I don’t see how that could help very much but it reminds me that people want to do everything, no matter how crazy it may sound or be to live longer lives.  On February 9, 2006 CBS News had this to say about women and stress. Female seniors who are coping with psychological or financial stress appear to be more likely to die sooner, a Statistics Canada study suggests. Psychological distress – reporting frequent feelings of sadness, worthlessness or helplessness – was a major factor in mortality in women aged 65 or older compared to those who scored low on the distress scale. I will not argue with that but after reading that about female seniors and then thinking about Eunice Sanborn and about what she had to say makes me think that she knew something most people don’t. Eunice Sanborn had given her heart to the Lord Jesus Christ and must have believed what He had to say about the cares of this world. 
1Peter 5:7  Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
I am afraid that we don’t put trust in the one who wants to remove the cares as well as the stress in our lives. Could it be that we act like the man who was carrying a heavy load on his back. When another man saw him carrying that heavy load he offered him a ride. The man with the heavy load on his back gladly accepted the offer. After getting in his vehicle it was noticed that he hadn’t removed his heavy load from his back. The one who had stopped to pick him up said “sir please take that heavy load off your back.” The man responded “oh I can’t do that for you have been so good to me I just can’t put anymore on you.” Is that not the way we do? The Lord said cast ALL our cares upon Him and the reason He wants us to do that is because He loves us. Just maybe, if we learn to do that we to might live a longer life. Now when Eunice’s eye closed in this world they were opened in another world that she was well aware of for Jesus Christ is life.
John 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Knowing Jesus and letting Him remove the stress from our lives; casting “ALL” our cares, troubles, problems on Him take the heavy load off your back.

1 comment: