Thursday, February 10, 2011

What He's Done for others He will do for YOU!

 I was raised in a Christian home, but as many teenagers do I went through a rebellious time where I got involved with drugs, drinking, and the wrong friends. I ended up pregnant by a man I had only known a month, and we were married when I was only 16. I knew even then, that I didn't like living without Christ. It was just too hard. The contrast I observed in others who were believers was a strong lure.

By the time my son was a year and a half old, I knew that my downward spiral was deeply affecting not only me but this innocent child who relied on me to give him a stable future. Having the history of a family deeply rooted in their Christian faith, I was drawn to the stability and hope it offered. It took all the courage I could find to admit openly that I had failed and that I needed and wanted Christ to fill my life, and help me start new and fresh at living a forgiven and purposeful life. That is when someone told me about Reformers Unanimous. I attended my first meeting and realized that these cheerful people loved me and was willing to help me. Only after two meetings I realized that I needed Christ in my life if I was ever to be the mother God wanted me too.

It was beautiful! I had such peace that I truly had found what life is meant to be - Christ focused! I felt hope, though I couldn't explain it. The peace that passes understanding was validation of His work in my heart, and I was all too eager to live it out.

Being new in Christ and obedient to His standard left me in a position to obey the covenant of marriage even one that was yoked to an unbeliever, and full of tremendous hardship. Years went by of absolute unbearable emotional strain, made bearable only by Christ's sustaining grace that came in many ways. The stories and experiences could fill a book, and have, through my personal daily journals that attest to all that Christ did for me in helping me endure.

After my children were almost grown and on their own, my husband left us. I struggled with feeling guilty for feeling relieved that the oppression was over. Wise Christian RU counsel helped me through that time, and I ended up receiving grace in all new ways. The God of second chances has since blessed my life by bringing a wonderful Godly man into it. We've been married just over a year now, and I'm amazed at the beauty that comes in a marriage that honors God first and each other because of Him. I truly am awed at the progression of grace filling in a life that belongs to Christ. He deserves so much praise for all He does for us! It's a shame when we're too distracted by life's routine to not give it to Him fully. Thank you for the opportunity to do so here!

No comments:

Post a Comment