Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Happy Heart

I read what a young lady wrote and how she explained her anger, here is what she said. When I was 15 I knew what it was going to be like to be 25. I knew that to be 15 was to be torture, but to be 25 was to have escaped and to be happy. I knew I would have a boyfriend and we’d be in love. I knew he would always be glad to see me, and that I’d always be glad to see him. I knew that we would cook dinner together from groceries brought home in brown paper bags. I knew I’d live in a nice apartment, with modern furniture, smooth lines, and bright lighting. I knew I would go to work every day, and work hard, and be great at it, and get paid well, and come home with a sense of pride at the end of the day. I knew I’d be beautiful, and confident, and have many friends. I knew I’d be a grown-up, and in control, and I’d be happy. I knew if I could just survive long enough, 25 would come, and at 25 I would be happy. It makes sense that I’d be angry. I know that. Anyone who has suffered a loss or has suffered a suffering is angry about it. I know. I know. But the suffering never goes away, and so neither does the anger. The anger, the vile hatred; something I know is childish and unenlightened and generally foolish. And yet, here it is. My anger, It’s existence, something else to be angry about.  Wow,anger that has been building for a long time. No telling how many, the anger of this young lady has hurt or even destroyed besides her. I will not argue we all have been hurt by others. We have loan money to a friend who never paid it back. Cutting words from one we thought a lot of and those words cut to the bone. The one who would never accept our apology. The one that would not forgive our actions no matter how much we pleaded.  We can all get angry and stay angry if we want to but I myself would rather stay happy.
Proverbs 15:13  A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: What kind of heart do you have? It will show on your face.
but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.  Let me put it another way a joyful heart makes a cheerful face, but with heartache comes depression. 
Proverbs 15:15  All the days of the afflicted are evil: but he that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast.  Every day will be a terrible day for a miserable person. But I like that merry heart and continual feast business. Stay angry and as verse 15 says you’ll stir up strife 
Proverbs 15:18  A wrathful man stirreth up strife: or a hothead stirs up a fight. We must be careful about our anger and learn to control it; you may ask why he that is slow to anger appeaseth strife. (calms disputes)
Well. it is up to the indidual; we can have a merry heart and a cheerful countenance and we can have a merry heart and a continual feast I guess it’s up to each of us. We can be angry like this young lady and stay that way or we can learn by Gods help to have that continual feast. If you are carrying around anger you may fit into one of these percentages
• Almost a third of people polled (32%) say they have a close friend or family member who has trouble controlling their anger.
• More than one in ten (12%) say that they have trouble controlling their own anger.
• More than one in four people (28%) say that they worry about how angry they sometimes feel.
• One in five of people (20%) say that they have ended a relationship or friendship with someone because of how they behaved when they were angry.
• 64% either strongly agree or agree that people in general are getting angrier.
• Fewer than one in seven (13%) of those people who say they have trouble controlling their anger have sought help for their anger problems.
• 58% of people wouldn’t know where to seek help if they needed help with an anger problem.
• 84% strongly agree or agree that people should be encouraged to seek help if they have problems with anger.
 http://www.angermanage.co.uk/data.html

No comments:

Post a Comment