Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Surprise, Songs and a Goooood Feeling

Have you ever heard the saying “we just were not getting fed?” I have noticed that the ones who usually say that aren’t showing up to be fed. As long as there is a good show, exciting crowds, cheers, surprises, songs and good feelings you can count on seeing a good many people. We see the crowd in John chapter six there is something happening on a mountain side. We see a crowd of about 5000 people then Jesus takes a young man’s lunch; five barley loaves and two small fishes. Jesus had everyone sit down and took the loaves and when He had given thanks, He distributed to his disciples and gave to the crowd. That within its self was a miracle but what happened next was another miracle there were leftovers; 12 basket full! Go figure 5 fish and 2 small loaves of bread will not feed a multitude and have left overs. You know those who like the free ride, free food and drink, Free, do for me, do for me. The minute something is asked or required of them there is an excuse why they can’t; we would but… I am sorry but we have already made plans… If we had only known ahead of time we would have…. I hope you are not one that takes, takes, takes. When the free ride is over so goes the free loaders; no commitment. They are only there for the show, surprises and songs and when those are gone it is time for them to move on! “We just aren’t getting fed there anymore.” My wife and I have been married for 41 years now and there is not always a pony show going on and everything is not take, take but more times than not there is give, give and commitment. We said and meant until death do we part; it’s not always about me but instead it’s about her that’s my focus. I don’t always eat where I like but I make sure we eat where she likes. I don’t always get to go where I want but I make sure we go where she wants. It’s called having a relationship with the one you love; it’s not about me it’s about her. Guess what It is not about me it’s all about HIM, Jesus Christ and He will make sure that there are enough dog and pony shows along the way. For He without doubt loves you and I. Have a Blessed Day and have a kind word for someone today for you may be the only one who does.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment