Thursday, July 28, 2011

Investing

 Back when I was in my thirties my dad told me to take $2000.00 and put it in an IRA and to do that every year. He said if I was to do that every year that when I get old enough to retire I will have enough money to do so. My dad was a wise man about finances but sad to say I didn’t take his advice. If I had invested every year my investment would have grown way more than I had invested. That is also true about knowing and learning about our Heavenly Father the more time we invest the more we’ll know Him. If we will invest time every day in reading our Bible then we will learn more about our Heavenly Father.  Have you ever seen a crowd of people at a stadium or a crowd in a mall? If we were asked what we saw our answer might be people. Has someone ever told you they were going to see the Braves play on a given night? When the camera went across the stadium what were you looking for; was it that person? Other than that all you saw were just people not a person.  To God every face is a child and every child has a name. God knows each one of us by name, He knows your name He knows my name and He will never forget it according to what Isaiah tells us.
 Isaiah 49:16  Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.
God has graven our name in the palms of his hands and they are continually before Him. We would never know that unless we invested some time in reading God’s word and letting Him speak to us. When God looks down on this planet He doesn’t see just people as we would but He sees each individual with a name like you Joe and you too Mark and He hasn’t forgotten about you either Ron even though you live in another state. God wants to talk with each one of us but unless we open the pages of His word and invest some time  how will we know His voice?
John 10:27  My sheep hear my voice, Have you ever been in a crowd of people, noise all around and all of a sudden you hear your son or daughter crying for you? How did you know their voice from all the other voices around you? Was it because you knew their voice; I think so. Why then would it be any different from knowing God’s voice. We as God's children hear His voice because we know it and the rest of that verse tell us this and I know them, and they follow me: You see we first hear His voice and then we follow Him. We hear our child’s voice in the crowd and we run to them. God hears our voice in the prayer saying I don’t know what to do about this matter, I need your advice on this, I need wisdom to understand, I need direction to know where to go. We then follow God because we are listening to Him and He is speaking out of His word. Let me ask you this question is it important to invest time in reading what God has to say? Let me answer that for myself; yes. What’s your answer? 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment