Monday, October 3, 2011

He Watches


 Most of you who read this blog know I work with those who have addictions. May I say that God has used me and my wife along with a host of others to help in the lives of many? Last week we spent a week with many from all over the U.S. who do the same thing. There were two men there who God allowed us to be apart in their lives; but now I see them trusting God and putting faith in God and watching God bless their lives. This past Sunday morning while having breakfast with those men we talked about God’s blessings. One of those men told us that he had misplaced a 100 dollar bill and he had to leave and go find it. Back to the hotel he went, looking through everything. It wasn’t there, nowhere to be found. He then remembered that the night before he had tried to get a drink from the drink machine down the hall. He went to the drink machine and as he looked down lying in the floor in front of the drink machine was his 100 dollar bill. He said that during the night others had been in that room but no one had seen that money lying in the floor. He just praised God and gave God the glory for it and said that all night while others came and went God blinded their eyes to money right in front of them.
Genesis 16:13 Hagar named the LORD, who had been speaking to her, "You Are the God Who Watches Over Me." She said, "This is the place where I watched the one who watches over me."
God does that you know, He watches over His children and God knew that His servant would not say “boy was I lucky that no one saw that money.” What are the chances of   a 100 dollar bill lying on the floor in plain view of a 12 story hotel in downtown Chicago all night?  God knew that this man would lift Him up more than once and He knew that he would not take that blessing for granted. Later that Morning I was on my way to a Sunday School Class in Hammond, Indiana when my phone rang. It was another man that God had allowed us to work with.  He was at the airport and wanted me to pick him up. I told him I couldn’t but told him to call my assistant director that he and his wife were still at the hotel. He called and they went and got him. When I saw him I asked him what his plans were. He said “my plans are to stay here in Chicago.” I said where and he said “I don’t know yet.” He stayed in the same hotel that we were in for $10 a night! Then as we went to the conference on Monday I asked what he was going to do? He said God will provide and God did. When we got there someone offered him a place to stay in less than 5 minutes after our arrival. Now I am going to be honest with you I could never have done what I saw these men do. Had I lost a 100 dollars I would have went nuts. I would never have left home without some type of plan for me to have a place to stay. Here were two men that God used to show me how to trust Him more; for God wants to bless us as we learn to trust Him.  
Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Proverbs 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. 
Here were two men that God had delivered from the hand of the enemy and now they have put their trust in the hands of another. All they want to do is give Him praise. Maybe the same would be true in my life if I put more trust in HIM! Hope you have a great week and God bless you as you put your trust in HIM. 

No comments:

Post a Comment