Friday, December 9, 2011

Faithful


Proverbs 28:20  A faithful man shall abound with blessings: but he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be innocent.
What is a faithful man? Webster says this about the word “faithful”
1. Firm in adherence to the truth and to the duties of religion.
2. Firmly adhering to duty; of true fidelity; loyal; true to allegiance; as a faithful subject.
3. Constant in the performance of duties or services; exact in attending to commands; as a faithful servant.
It not only means “faithfulness,” but firmness, steadiness, stability, steadfastness and devotion. The verse tells us that a faithful man shall abound with blessings. Could this be because the faithful man is firm, he is also steady; does that mean you can count on him? The verse then goes on and compares one that is haste to be rich. Could this be greed or covetousness or both? Greed will always place a priority on materialism instead of God’s approval of our life. When one set their eyes on materialism they become prone to do things that are unethical or illegal. I was called into my boss’s office some years back and he began to talk to me about how I had the ability to move higher in the organization and wanted me to listen to some cassette tapes (that was before cd’s.)    At first I was excited and couldn’t wait to listen to the tapes. As I left that morning I put the first tape in and began to listen to it. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing the voice on the tape was telling me to use people for my benefit. I only listened to a few minutes of that tape and turned it off. I took the tape back to my boss and told him that I didn’t have the abilities that he thought I did for I could never do what was on those tapes. He then said that if I didn’t learn how to separate business and Church I would be a poor man with great abilities. Is it okay to lie to get what you want? Is that learning to separate business from Church? If so count me out for there is a verse that rings in my ears that tells me that I will have to give an account.
Romans 14:12  So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.  I have enough already to give an account for I don’t think I want to add to it with something I know is wrong.
Exodus 20:15  Thou shalt not steal.
Exodus 20:16  Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
Exodus 20:17  Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's. If I lie to get what I want then that’s stealing and it all began when I coveted, which is a desire or wish for, with eagerness; to desire earnestly to obtain or possess. Now we have a choice we can be faithful or we can make haste but  making haste says we shall not be innocent which means you’re guilty. It takes work to be faithful but we were born liars.
Psa 58:3  The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies. Be faithful and be in your place this Sunday and have a great weekend.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment