Friday, May 11, 2012

Violent Anger


 In Proverbs 27:4  Wrath is cruel, and anger is outrageous; but who is able to stand before envy?  there a few words “wrath, cruel, anger, outrageous and envy. I took the time to look up a few of their meanings and then asked myself do I ever let these things happen to me? I learned when I am angry and I allow it to get violent it causes pain to others and those others are usually the ones that I love the most.
#1- Wrath=[Violent anger]
#2-  Cruel [to give pain to others
#3- Anger [ A violent passion of the mind excited by a real or supposed injury]  
#4- Outrageous; [Violent; furious; exorbitant; exceeding all bounds of moderation
#5- Envy? [ To feel uneasiness, mortification or discontent, at the sight of superior excellence, reputation or happiness enjoyed by another]
Violent anger gives pain to others when we give in to the violent passions of our mind, it will become furious beyond moderation. This may be because we have given way to our feelings of uneasiness or discontentment. We see others being happy and we are not or their reputation and at the sight of them we just become violently angry. We want to cause them pain by words or other methods because we have let our minds become furious. Let me ask do we have a violent anger problem?  How are we going to correct it?  Here are some Biblical points that works for me. Remember “the truth makes free” so what is truth?  Answer 
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.  So the truth is Jesus  and Jesus said 
John 8:31  Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed [ that is past tense ] on him, If ye continue [to be permanent] in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
John 8:32  And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.   Here it is, no Jesus know truth and Jesus makes FREE! So on this issue of knowing our heart we need to do as King David did of long ago
Psalms 139:23   Search me,[ not some one else but me ] O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: Are we willing to let God search our heart?
Psalms 139:1  O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known mePsa 139:2  Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.
Psalms 139:3  Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.  I would say that the Lord knew David very well. Guess what! The Lord also knows you very well He knows about your violent anger and wants to help you correct it and set you free. But working the back ground is the thief of John 10 who want and will steal your desire and happiness and will destroy all he can in our life. But we are told 
1John 4:4  Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, [Jesus] than he that is in the world.[The thief is satan, devil] If you are dealing with an anger issue you may be letting the wrong one run your mind. We must do as we are instructed
Philippians 2:5  Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: So whose mind do you have? What did God share with you this week?  

No comments:

Post a Comment