Thursday, March 7, 2013

His Word Her Word


Proverbs 7:1 My son, keep my words, and lay up my commandments with thee.
Proverbs 7:2 Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye.
Proverbs 7:3 Bind them upon thy fingers, write them upon the table of thine heart.
It's, KEEP my words, it's, Keep my commandments, it's, BIND and WRITE. In other WORDS it's work to keep wrong thoughts that will lead to wrong actions out of our mind and also out of our heart. In verse 5 we read;
Proverbs 7:5 That they may keep thee from the strange woman, from the stranger which flattereth with her words.
What was interesting I read the phrase "That they may keep thee from" The word "MAY" jumped out at me; what does the word MAY mean? To be possible, is possible to be. If I am going to keep myself from falling into traps I must know what the traps are. In order to know the traps that will attack my spiritual life I must know what to look for. I must keep putting and allowing Gods word in my heart to control my thoughts on a daily routine. Principle #1- If Gods against it so am I." How will I ever know what God is against if I don't know His Word or His Commandments? If I allow other things to take my personal time with The Lord then it "MAY BE" possible to keep me from the set traps. Something else I noticed was in Verse 1 it was "My son, keep my words" then in verse 5 it was "flattereth with her words" it was either God's words or Fattering words!
In verse 25 the word "DECLINE" jumped out at me Decline means To lean downward; we are being warned not to let our heart lean downward toward wrong pathways.
Proverbs 7:25 Let not thine heart decline to her ways, go not astray in her paths. What happens when one leans? They go astray. "Out of the right way or proper place" how does one end up in the wrong place? Simple; allowing other things to take over our daily personal time with The Lord. His Word or in the case before us her word? 

No comments:

Post a Comment