Monday, May 6, 2013

The Problem


I went into a room here at the house and it was dark. I began to look around and quickly saw the problem. The reason it was so dark was the light was off; I reached over and turned the switch on. Nothing happened. I went and got a new light bulb put it in turned the switched and the room lit up.
That's the problem with many they go to Church, read their Bibles, hear sermon after sermon and still live in darkness. Something must change; had I not changed the light bulb the room would still be in darkness. I'm afraid we do good things in hopes that somehow it will outweigh the wrong we've done. No; we like the dark room need something that will change the darkness to light. I remember making many promises to myself; wife, those I loved that I have changed and you will see a different me, only to fail; no change. Then one day I walked into Eastland Heights Baptist Church; no big deal I had been to Church on many occasions. This day would be different, although I didn't know it.  The preacher that preached the service was coming to a close and then these words came from the preacher’s mouth. He said "your heart is pounding" and I noticed that my heart was pounding. Then he said "what if someone was to hold a gun to your head and pull the trigger, then what? Where would you go heaven or hell?" A light came on in my head; I had just gotten out of the Military 6 months ago I knew what a gunshot to the head would do; you do too, good bye. Heaven or hell? If I had to choose between the two I would choose heaven of course. But he didn't say which one did I choose he said which one would I go! My answer hell. Then he said "take that first step come and ask Jesus to save you from hell and He will" I stepped out and asked The Lord to save me and He did. As I walked out of that Church that day things were different. That afternoon I asked my wife "what time what time was the Church service tonight" she told me 7:30 and off we went. What time Wednesday night? And off we went. I know what some are thinking you were just excited it wasn't long before you cooled down and went back to the same things you were doing before. Same things I was doing? No! I can't answer the cooled down for I haven't gotten there yet it's only been 40 years and I'm still excited that the God of this universe took time out of His busy schedule to reach way down and  save a sinner like me. Remember the dark room and what made the difference? A new light bulb! That's what happened to me that day.
2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature:old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
If any man, woman, boy or girl be in Christ they have a new nature the old things they were doing are passed away and everything is new. Could it be many have never had their bulb changed? Therefore the darkness is still there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment