Friday, August 30, 2013

Generation...............

 Webster tells us that generation is;
A single succession in natural descent, as the children of the same parents; hence, an age.
Proverbs 30:11- There is a generation that curseth their father, and doth not bless their mother
There is a Generation that curses their father and will not say a kind word to or about their mother
I had just graduated from High School and a bunch of us went to Panama City Florida. I will never forget the phone conversation I heard. One of the young men that were with us called home I guess to let his mother and Dad know he was there and maybe give them the Motel and room number. The first word out of his mouth were curse words running his Dad down then he began to curse at his mother using the most awful words; yes he used that word too. Although none of the rest of us would even consider talking to our parents that way, I'm not sure that the generation of this day wouldn't. Why would I make such a statement? Because parents use curse words frequently around their children and the T.V programs have numerous curse words peppered all the way throughout. The movies go to a higher level using every known curse word and action that depraved minds could imagined. Why? Because that is what most people want to see. In the last 40 years I have only been to the theatre 3 or 4 times. I went once to see a G rated movie about Pete Maravich; "The Pistol." when I sat down and my eyes got adjusted to the darkness I noticed that there were only a small; and I do mean small few that were there to watch this movie.  Could it be that the last generation as a whole lost sight of what's right? And has produced a generation that not only curse their Mother and Father but think them also pure and lift themselves up? I would like to think not but the words that come from Dad's and Mothers an their children were words that my parents would have never been tolerated
I just believe the Bible way
Exodus 20:12 Honour thy father and thy mother:that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment