Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Treasure by Accident

Proverbs 2:5- Then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God.

"FIND THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD."

Find- Literally, to come to; to meet; hence, to discover by the eye; to gain first sight or knowledge of something lost; to recover either by searching for it or by accident.

As I read that definition and compared it with verse 5 my minds eye at first disagreed with the last part; "to recover either by searching for it or by accident." Does anyone find the knowledge of God by accident? I said no way! But then I began to think, is it possible to find a hidden treasure by accident? Then I began to think back, did I not find the greatest treasure of my life by accident? Yes I did. On one Sunday morning in April I entered into a Church building and set down. There was some singing I'm sure although I can't remember, I'm sure someone prayed, but I can't remember that either. A man got up to preach and I can't remember his name, what he looked like or what he preached. Sounds like a wasted day doesn't it? Oh no it was far from that for you see on that day without any planning I found the greatest treasure of my life. For it was on that day the Holy Spirit dealt with my heart and I accepted The Lord Jesus as my Personal Savior. Without searching or even knowing that a great treasure was even in my presence. I left that Church that day changed for eternity. I didn't go looking for a treasure, nor did I go to recover a treasure of have any knowledge of a treasure being there. Could that day be classified as a treasure found by accident? Not on God's part but on my part? Thank you Ken for spending your time for talking me into going to Church; for you knew what a great treasure awaited me there. Never think you are wasting your time inviting others to Church. For they may find the greatest treasure of their life there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment