Sunday, October 29, 2023

Great Dividends 💰

Mark 8:37 (KJV) Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? The question is what are you willing to exchange for your soul? What’s the profit in the gain if in the gain you lose your own soul?

Mark 8:36 (KJV) For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

What are you willing to sell out for? Can I tell you what you already know? When you and I leave this world we will leave with nothing.

1 Timothy 6:7 (KJV) For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.

So what is the profit, the gain if we can’t take it out? If I can’t take it out, can I invest? 

Matthew 6:20 (KJV) But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: We mustn’t get too comfortable here, why? Because this life can be gone in a ¡FLASH! It’s still fresh. I can still see it. It happened on a Saturday morning in February of 2022 a head on collision 💥 It happened so fast 💨 in less than 10 seconds my wife and myself were sitting sideways off the curb wondering what just happened. Today I keep envisioning that day over and over in my mind. We survived but the wounds we will carry to our grave. When that  ¡FLASH! at that moment, there is nothing we will be able to take with us. So I have to ask myself where am I laying up treasures?  So what are these treasures?  Here is a treasure we can lay up “the knowledge of God” why do I say that? Because of what I read in Luke 16. There was a Rich man and there is nothing in that chapter that would indicate that he was a bad person. But we read that this man went to hell when he died. That’s awful! But he didn’t lose his knowledge of who Lazarus was nor that he had 5 brothers. That if something didn’t change in their lives they too would soon join him in this awful place.

Luke 16:23 (KJV) And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

Luke 16:28 (KJV) For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this    of torment.

I believe that having the knowledge of God would be a great asset when getting to heaven. So are we learning?  

Proverbs 2:1 (KJV) My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee;

Proverbs 2:2 (KJV) So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding;

Proverbs 2:3 (KJV)  Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;

Proverbs 2:4 (KJV)  If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;

Proverbs 2:5 (KJV)  Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.

Proverbs 2:6 (KJV)  For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.

Am I investing in that which will give great dividend? 

No comments:

Post a Comment