Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Leaving The Warmth Of The Fire ðŸ”Ĩ

Mark 14:54 And Peter followed him afar off, even into the palace of the high priest: and he sat with the servants, and warmed himself at the fire.

The man in the graveyard  saw help afar off and ran toward it. While  Peter on the other hand followed afar off from the help he needed. Not only did Peter followed afar off he got too close to those he shouldn’t have. This reminds me of those who were brought up in a good home, taught the right things but when they left home they got too close to what they shouldn’t have.  I did. I left home when I was 18. I left the protection of a loving mom and dad. I had joined the U.S. Air Force where I was  taught things that have helped me all my life. But I also learned some things that caused me great trouble. In other words I warmed myself up too close to the fire. I was following far off from where I should have been and what I had been taught. Peter denies Christ around that fire where he should have never been.

Mark 14:67 (KJV) And when she saw Peter warming himself, she looked upon him, and said, And thou also wast with Jesus of Nazareth.

Mark 14:68 (KJV) But he denied, saying, I know not, neither understand I what thou sayest. And he went out into the porch; and the cock crew. Two more times this will happen before Peter comes to the point that he remembered what he had been taught and departs. Many never leave the warmth of the enemy's fire ðŸ”Ĩ.

So here tonight in the palace by the fire warming themselves were those who were in agreement of crucifying our Lord Jesus Christ. 

What is the lesson? Birds of a feather flock together and all feathers aren’t the same size. But nonetheless they are all together. Peter had to leave the warmth of the fire ðŸ”Ĩ before he could change. So will you and I if there’s ever going to be a real change in our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment