Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Diamond was Full

The year 1995 the million-dollar arms were at home. The Cadillac bats were in the rack. But the owners, determined to start the season, threw open the gates to almost anybody who knew how to scoop a grounder or run out a bunt. Batters were hustling to the plate to take their swings? Questionable call went uncontested? Umpires were thanked after the game? Fans were returning foul balls? While the million dollars and Cadillac players were negotiating for more money. The games weren't fancy and line drives rarely reached the outfield. Pitchers were throwing the ball so slowly the radar gun couldn't clock them. But, my, did the players have fun! The diamond was full of men who played the game for the love of the game. These men didn't see themselves as a blessing to baseball but baseball as a blessing to them. They didn't demand more playtime; they were thrilled to play at all. So what made these men so special? They were living a life they didn't deserve. These men weren't picked because they were good; they were picked because they were willing. They didn't complain because their names were not on their jerseys. They were just happy to be on the team and have a jersey. That's the way the Apostle Paul starts off the book of Romans "Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ." He was living a life he didn't deserve. So are we! Our past pardoned, our future secure and we have peace with God. Think I'll just stop right there and say "Halleluiah!" Living a life I don't deserve. I wasn't picked because I had something special; because I didn't. Could it be that I am willing to play on the team regardless of the pay? I just love the General Manger He is wonderful to me and I am not expecting any luxuries from Him but from time to time He sends some my way; maybe because I am on the team. They come in Blessing Deut 28:2
And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God. Pro 28:20
A faithful man shall abound with blessings:
The next time you think you have a Cadillac bat or a Million dollar arm just remember without a place to play you just ride the pine! So get in the game and watch God change your life.


 


 


 


 

1 comment:

  1. Interesting post! I enjoyed it!
    I just recently published a book about the prayers of the Apostle Paul, and thought you may be interested in checking it out. You can preview and even order the book at www.Amazon.com. Just type in Praying The Prayers of the Apostle Paul.

    Thanks and God Bless,
    casparkman@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete