Friday, May 22, 2009

I Can

I remember the time I was in basic training; being yelled at, told not to bounce but walk straight, being torn down so the drill sergeant could build me up and make men out of boys. All that was fine because we were all being told the same thing at the same time. But there is a day that I have not forgotten. It was the day the drill sergeant had me in his office. I was getting close to being shipped out when he called me in his office. I and another soldier had just gotten into a; well let me just say confrontation. I was fearful I was going to be set back and there was nothing I could say or do. So I just sat there in silence. Then as my sergeant began to scream at me and tell me how; well you get the picture. But then he said this and it literally crushed me. He told me that I would never amount to anything and I was worthless and useless. That's been over forty years now and for a time I believed what he said was true. But you know what? What he said was a lie. One day a man saw something in me his name was Ken and he took the time to tell me about Jesus. Then there was another man his name was James Peppers. Then another man his name was Ray Hill. These three men encouraged me greatly. Then one day I read this Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. They that wait! Don't get in a hurry just wait for He will renew your strength because you will need the strength to soar with the eagles and to run and not be weary and walk and not faint. So when you hear the words, "You can't…" "You mustn't," "You won't. Just remember you can, you will, you must! Paul put it like this Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Believe the naysayers if you want, I did for a while but believing what God has to say and what He has in store for you is far better. Remember you can have as much as you want or as little as you are satisfied with. Sad to say we are satisfied with too little too many times.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment