Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Afraid

When my Dad ate an apple he ate it all, except the stem, seeds everything except the stem. Now you may ask what is wrong with that. Really nothing but the life of the next apple was in the seeds and they never had a chance of reproducing. In Genesis we read this:

Genesis 1:29
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. In the verse before that we read

Genesis 1:28
And God blessed them, (Adam & Eve) and God said unto them, be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Their job was to be fruitful and multiply, in other words reproduce and increase in number. Let me ask you, is our job to increase in number and when we have done that, that's it that's all that is really required of us. I don't think so; let me explain. Jesus made this statement


John 15:16
Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. Is Jesus saying to His followers go find a wife and start reproducing because I want you leave some children behind. No that's not what Jesus is saying, so what is He saying? Here is what I think Jesus is saying we read in

Matthew 25:15
And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey. Here we see three individuals that are different one has five talents another has two and then there is one that has only one talent. What is interesting is that each were given based on his ability; then we are told what each one did. The one with five talents was expected to do more than the one with only one talent and he did. All was well with two of the individuals and they were told this "well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things." That was not said about the individual with only one talent he was called lazy and his excuse was that he was afraid. We have all been afraid of something. I woke up many years ago so afraid for I thought I had rolled on top of my baby daughter and killed her. A couple of years ago someone was breaking into our home and I was afraid of what was about to happen and I had a double barrel shotgun in my hand and the safety was off. I was afraid on another night when I heard someone moving in the house, no time for a gun this time they were moving toward our bedroom. I set myself ready to take them out and just before I leaped I discovered it was my wife. I can't tell you how upset I was with myself after that ordeal. This man said he was afraid, I could say that, you could say that and it would be true. This man was not told its ok because you are afraid; no he was called a wicked and lazy servant. Is that what we are when we refuse to tell others about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ? There are some that have the ability to tell and do more than others because they have that ability. Now how many talents do you have five, two or one? Are you reproducing yourself? Can you do things but instead you are sitting on your talents or talent? God has made you who you are; He's placed you where you are so you can take people like you to heaven with you! How are you doing with your divine assignment? A few years ago I realized something, everyday God has at least one appointment for me somewhere during the day. I don't know with whom or at what time but it is there. Last week I spent two hours with a lady. I talked with here about a present problem she was having, had prayer with her and asked God to help her and comfort her. God had me there to help one of his servants. My day was busy for sure and I didn't need to take these two hours out of it, but it was one of the appointments my heavenly Father had for me. Let me ask you are you going to eat seeds and all? Or are you going to share your talent and reproduce.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Wayne, for your obedience to God, and your encouragement to so many, including me. Carrie

    ReplyDelete