Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Choose

Choice the act of choosing: power of choosing: You and I have the power to choose, we may choose to do things honorable or we may choose to do something disrespectable. If I were to plant an apple tree I would expect it to produce apples. If I were to plant any fruit bearing plant I would expect it to produce fruit. When you and I accepted the Lord Jesus Christ into our hearts I think the Lord wants you and I to be productive fruit bearing Christians. The apostle Paul writes about fruit in the book of Galatians in chapter five

Galatians 5:22
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Galatians 5:23
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. Now the question is do we produce such fruit? The first is "LOVE" are we loving or do allow hatred and bitterness to creep in. The second is "JOY" are we showing and sharing joy to those around us? Then there is "PEACE" we have peace when we forgive those who have hurt our feelings or whatever to enjoy peace we should learn to forgive. Fourth there is "LONGSUFFERING" are we allowing the inconveniences that come our way to rob us of the patience. We find ourselves complaining about everything that doesn't suit us; that is not the fruit of longsuffering. Fifth we should show "gentleness" to those that are afraid and left all alone and feel left out we should have a kind word or a soft touch so they will not feel left out. Sixth there is "GOODNESS" what do those we come in contact with feel or say about us? Do they say kind things or do they say things that lead others to believe we are or could be dishonest? Then there is the fruit of "FAITHFULNESS" do we keep our word or do we make promise after promise that never comes to pass? Do we pay those we owe money to or do we learn to dodge them? Are we faithful to our mate or do they question our faithfulness? I want to express the fruit of faithfulness in my life so there are no questions. The eighth fruit of the spirit is "MEEKNESS" being like our Lord meek and lowly

Matthew 11:29
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. May I not raise my voice to anyone today or any day; may I express true meekness. Number nine the last fruit of the spirit is "TEMPERANCE" which is nothing more than self control we have to watch out for Mr. Selfishness for he wants to show his ugly head from time to time. Mr. Anger likes to get the last word it seems to always make us feel better; for we do have rights you know! Does feeling better always show the fruit of self control? No! We need to look at the life of Jesus and watch how He handled matters. When they spit in His face how did He react? When they abused His friends how did He react? When He was sentenced to a cruel death how did He react?

Isaiah 53:7
He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth. Watch our mouth for they will get us into trouble and we will lose self control.

No comments:

Post a Comment