Monday, June 21, 2010

Right

I don't know about you but I don't like to mess up and the easiest way to cover up for my mistake is to blame someone else for it. "They" did it! They caused the problem. I'm a victim! It's their fault."

I have this amazing ability to see myself as usually being in the right, bearing little or no blame for the problem, I am innocent and someone else is guilty. In Proverbs we read Proverbs16:2
All the ways of a man are clean in his own eyes;
It is so easy for me to justify what I have done in my own eyes…I did it because…..I didn't mean it the way they took it……I would have never done that if I knew it would have…… All that may be true but none the less I caused the problem and said an unkind word or did an unkind deed or I thought this would work. I am learning to admit my mistakes and look at myself as looking into a mirror. I said the words, did the deed, and caused the problem. I wish so many times that I would have just waited before speaking or before jumping to a conclusion; waited to see if the way it looked was really the way it was. No, thinking I know because in my eyes I am right I move on with little knowledge of the matter and made a mistake. Here is what I must do and the answer as always is found in God's word.

Philippians 4:6
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication
(petition) with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Be careful is what I must do, I would be careful if I was entering an area that had a sign that said "be careful." So the same is true in my life and we are told to be careful in everything by prayer and petitions we are to be thankful as we make our request made known unto God. So I should be careful and before I jump to any conclusion pray about the matter first. In order to do such as that, I must discipline myself. I have found that when I do that I make fewer mistakes with my mouth as well as my actions. Instead of thinking we are right this week let's be careful and pray about whatever is bothering us before we say or do the wrong thing.

Galatians 6:9
And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Galatians 6:10
As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto

them who are of the household of faith.
May we look for opportunities to do good unto all men.


 

Prayer Request:

Robert Cason- Mass around brain possible operation Tuesday 6/22/10 Mass unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment