Thursday, April 7, 2011

He's Down

 Some time back I and a few other men were on our way to the North Georgia Mountains to do some trout fishing. Now I like to trout fish and these men that were with me had not been before; so as the old pro I began to tell them all about how it was done. When we arrived it was cool; no, it was cold and the water was cold. I warned them about being careful and not to fall in as the current could be and would be strong in places. They assured me that they would be careful. Well, we started and we moved up the creek. They soon got a few hundred feet ahead of me; bunch of rookies I thought.  I the pro was doing fine and then I made a wrong step onto a slick rock. The current that I had warned them about hit me and down into the cold water I went; as I eased myself up all wet and now freezing my first thought was did anyone see me fall? Well, it wasn’t long before I found out the answer to that question and it was yes. It was one of those moments you wish you were invisible but invisible I wasn’t, wet I was and me the pro not only wet but freezing too. That was bad enough but those rookies; yes. They were bent over laughing so hard that their tears caused the river to raise 2 inches. Well what did I learn that day? What Paul said in 1Corinthians 10:12  Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall. I thought I would never fall, not as many times as I have been up and down that creek. Not once had I ever got tripped up, but on this day the Lord took the opportunity to show me that I too could fall. So when I think I am standing firmly I should be careful because there is a possibility that I could fall and that not only goes for trout fishing but anything else too.     

No comments:

Post a Comment