Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Nightmare

A nightmare; I guess that is what you would call it. It was a major mistake made because of a faulty piece of equipment. The end results by the time it was over were that I had lost everything I had worked for all my life. Now without a place to lay my head, car to drive not so much as a bike to ride and still those who had taken me to court wanted more. I didn’t have more and they were going to make sure I’d never have anything all because of some dead fish. In my dream I had allowed some insecticide to get into a water current and downstream it went killing fish as it worked its way down. When I awoke I couldn’t shake that dream; I knew it was a dream and there was no danger in a court case. But I kept asking myself why can’t I shake this? Then it hit me or may I say the Lord showed me something and I rejoiced in Him for His greatness. The rich man in Luke chapter 16 had it all; all this world could offer him. The man in Luke chapter 12 had done so well he was going to have to build. Isn’t that what we all want? Grow our business to the place where we can finally sit back and never have to worry about anything. House paid for, cars, boats, airplane all paid for. Vacation home paid for, mountain home paid for, plenty of money in the bank and in the pocket. Ok, so I let it get out of hand a bit. Back to the dream and what God showed me; if I had no money in the bank, no car to drive and no home to go to in the evening have I lost it all? No! Because my family loves me for who I am not what I have. No! Because my friends love and like me even if I don’t have a mountain home they can go to on their vacation. Money and things don’t buy families nor friends; money doesn’t buy love nor life. If I lost it all today there is something the courts could not take away and that’s my joy, happiness and the smile I get to have on my face. “But there is something else and that’s my eternal life; read this and see what you think?
John 10:28  And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Romans 8:38  For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Romans 8:39  Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Excuse me I had to get up and run around a minute on that one. Lose it all? NEVER, NEVER, NEVER! So what’s really important here? Dead Fish or having life eternally, family that loves you and friends who look forward to seeing you and spending time with you? It’s just things you can lose and if things make you happy then you can lose being happy. I’m happy in the Lord today how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment