Monday, May 9, 2011

Come In

I have heard others ask the question “what if you knew you only had 24 hours to live what would you do different?” My answer is how do you know you don’t? What if in the morning you got out of bed and Jesus took over your heart? Wonder what alterations would be made? Would your plans change? Your obligations, your appointments, your conversations? Wait a minute shouldn’t we strive to have the mind of Christ?
Philippians 2:5  Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
With Jesus in our heart and mind we should be different
2Corinthians 5:17  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
We should awake with this hymn ringing in our mind
1-  Come into my heart, O Lord Jesus,
Come into my heart, I pray;
My soul is so troubled and weary,
Come into my heart, today.
Chorus- Into my heart, into my heart,
Come into my heart, Lord Jesus;
Come in today, come in to stay,
  Come into my heart, Lord Jesus.
2- Come into my heart, O Lord Jesus,
I need Thee through life's dreary way;
The burden of sin is so heavy,
Come into my heart to stay.
3- Come into my heart, O Lord Jesus,
Now cleanse and illumine my soul;
Fill me with Thy wonderful Spirit,
Come in and take full control.
Have you asked Him to come into your heart? God loves you just the way you are. If you think His love for you would be stronger if your faith were stronger, you’re wrong. If you think His love for you would be deeper if you did more, you’re wrong again. God’s love doesn’t increase with our performance neither does it decrease with our mistakes.
John 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
 It didn’t read For God so loved the world because of how good and kind we were; no it just says that God SO LOVE the WORLD, no conditions. No pluses or minors He just loves us the way we were and love will always produce gifts and that is what God did He gave His only Son. I hope you have a great week and remember who’s mind you should have!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Thank you...Excellent wake up call! You are right, I don't know if this is my last 24 hours! I need to have more of the mind of Christ, and be a vessel that is usable in each moment that I have...

    ReplyDelete