Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Something Small

You and I live in a day when we hear words like Big, Great, and Super. People strive to be the greatest athlete of all times only to set records that someone else will break one day. Wal-Mart strives to have the Super Wal-Mart; bigger, better and cheaper and anyone else. Then there are the Mega Churches and I’m not sure of what all that entails. We must not get caught up in the Big stuff that we forget the little, small and few. What about the few men Nehemiah had in 
Nehemiah 2:12 And I arose in the night, I and some few men with me; neither told I any man what my God had put in my heart to do atJerusalem: neither was there any beast with me, save the beast that I rode upon.
The few sheep in the flock that David watched over 
1Samuel 17:28  And Eliab his eldest brother heard when he spake unto the men; and Eliab's anger was kindled against David, and he said, Why camest thou down hither? and with whom hast thou left those few sheep in the wilderness? I know thy pride, and the naughtiness of thine heart; for thou art come down that thou mightest see the battle.
To many today have been filled with the teaching of “bigness”  but may I remind you that God is not going to have anyone answer for how big they were, but how faithful we were.  The earth on which we live awaits for the little drops of rain for without the little drops of rain there would be no big harvest. There was a little short prayer that moved the Lord Jesus more than a long one did. “Lord save me” “Lord Remember me”, “What would you have me to do”. So quit waiting on the big things to do and start doing the Little Things, Small Things, Few Things. We may never do big things and people in so called high places may never know who we are. We can do a lot of small things. Today my friend someone thinks you are the greatest person that has ever walked planet Earth because you need something small. 

No comments:

Post a Comment