Friday, January 6, 2012

Years Later


My wonderful wife and I are in Nashville, you see tomorrow is our wedding anniversary. The year 1969 the date December 31 and I was downtown Atlanta on the fifth floor of the Georgian Terrace Hotel at a New Years Eve Party when I and a young girl first got together. We had a few dates and then it happened on January the fifth as we were sitting in the parking lot of Walker High School where she and I had both graduated. I asked her to marry me and I never expected to hear her say yes but she did. I had spent one year in the military by now and didn't know my future, in less than two weeks I would be back in Minnesota and who knows where and when they would ship me out. Jacob has to wait for 7 years and then another 7; I only had to wait 7 days.   On May I, 1970 I received orders that were not my choice. A tour of duty without her may I say that was tough, would this marriage survive? Only married four months and now we will be apart; we hadn’t planned for this at all. Do you have any idea what the chances of this marriage working out were? Well, we made it through the military and then it got real bad and we were headed for a break up it seemed. Then it happened, it wasn't planned but it happened just the same, I asked the Lord to come into my heart, forgive me of my sins and He did; and my life changed in a day forever. January 7, 2012 we will celebrate 42 years together and today she is still the love of my life. I think about her love for me in the day time when we are apart, I look forward to come home to her each night my desire is to spend as much time with her I as I can. Here is the secret: 
Proverbs 5:19 Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love. When a husband is ravished with loving his wife then his heart will never wonder. I am glad for the day the Lord saved me for on that day He not only changed me eternally but gave life to two more children. By the way my mother-n-law and father-n-law are here with us and it was my idea. I love them too. In 1968 I and some of my buddies were having fun. As we drove by his home I leaned out the car window and hosed him down with water it was funny until he caught up with us. He has long forgiven me for that but I am thinking about repeating that while we are together and refreshing his memory; just kidding I would never do such a thing. We have a wonderful relationship. Life is good when you have those around you who love you. Tell someone you love them as well as show them and mean it. Go to Church this weekend and just remember while you are there that the Lord loves you.
Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. See you next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment