Friday, October 26, 2012

Dumb Decision


I read it in my Bible and found it hard to understand. I just couldn't believe what I was reading, how in the world could someone be so dumb. It was a plague, this plague included frogs. These frogs were everywhere, in the yard, in the ponds, in the creeks but they were also in the house. They were in the kitchen cabinets, in the oven, even in the bed in the bed rooms, these frogs were everywhere. Reading about the frogs isn't what I didn't understand it was when Moses asked Pharaoh when he would like the frogs to be gone and Pharaoh said tomorrow. I thought how could he or why would he want to spend another night with all those frogs, I just couldn't understand that. That had to be the dumbest decision of the year for a leader.
Would anyone really be that dumb, I had to ask myself? It was on yesterday that I must have met a man kin to Pharaoh. I do pest control to put bread on our table. I had just arrived at one of our accounts when a man ran to meet me. He then asked me about an ant problem he was having. He told me what all he had done to get rid of these ants with no avail. He told me they were everywhere in his closet all over his clothes, in his bed, in the kitchen in the drawers and cabinets and he just couldn't get rid of them. He asked how could he, I told him that I would be more than glad to get rid of them for $125.00; he had already spent around $200 00. He didn't want to go that route. I then told him of a product that he could purchase for about $85.00. That is when I began to notice the kinship with Pharaoh. He asked if I would sell him some of that product, I told him I didn't have any to sale. That is when he said he could wait until he saw me next month. Next month! Not one more night with the ants but 30 more nights with the ants. All pharaoh had to do was let the people of God go but he decided to have one plague after another until he made the decision to let them go. We all make dumb mistakes and some of them are costly like the man I talked with this week. He has cancer in his liver and doesn't know how much time he has left. I asked him what he thought would happen when he closed his eyes in death? His answer was I don't know it's scary. I will meet again with him this afternoon would you please help me pray that I can help him to know what's on the other side. We all must remember he that has the Son has life and he that has not the Son of God has not life.
1 John 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; [and] he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
Dumb decisions are made when we decide to keep what we have instead of receiving something much better as in the case of the frogs and ants.

No comments:

Post a Comment